Eligibility for Medical Visa to India
- If one seeks medical treatment in reputed/recognized specialized hospitals/treatment centers in India.
- Up to two attendants who are blood relatives are allowed to accompany the applicant under separate Medical Attendant Visas, their visa validity will be the same as Medical Visa.
- The following list of ailments (not an exhaustive list) would be of primary consideration: serious ailments like neurosurgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart – related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantation; congenital disorders; gene therapy; radio therapy; plastic surgery; joint replacement, etc.
Important Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa Application
- Print of the completed visa online form with two recent colour photographs of 2 inch x 2 inch each with a white background.
- Original ID (Taskara) and its photocopy
- Original medical papers and their photocopies.
- Confirmed return air ticket.
- Medical papers pertaining to previous visit on medical visa.
- For medical treatment/check up for a longer and regular period, a letter from Indian Doctor/Hospital must be enclosed.
- Current address proof.
- State issued driver’s license that has validity for 6 months.
Online Application for Indian Medical Visa from Afghanistan
- Go to the government registered website Indian Visa Online and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Fill the details regarding the country, high commission based on your city, visa type, date of birth, expected date of arrival. Enter the access code and click on continue.
- Fill the rest of the applicant and passport details that will appear on the screen.
- Each time you fill up a page, don’t forget to click on Save and Continue at the end.
- Enter your address details, family details and profession/occupation details.
- Fill up the details of the type of visa sought, previous visa/currently valid visa details, other information and SAARC country visit details.
- If you do not have a reference in India then you can provide Health and Hopes office address and the contact number of the patient relation in the reference in India section of the form (only when you are making your medical travel to India with Health and Hopes assistance). Click here to get the contact details of Health and Hopes Health.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Go through them thoroughly. Click on Modify/Edit if there is any mistake.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- You can check your visa status by clicking on the Visa Status Enquiry.
Medical Visa Processing Fee in Afghanistan
Visa fee is not charged from Afghanistan nationals. Though a fee of 350 Afghani (USD 6) is charged by the IVAC for medical visa processing. The Indian Visa Services regarding acceptance of visa applications and delivery of processed passports are outsourced to Indian Visa Application Centers (IVACs).
Medical Visa Processing Time in Afghanistan
It takes 4-5 working days to process the medical visa after its application.