Eligibility for Medical Visa from Bangladesh to India
- Medical visa is only granted to those whose only purpose to travel to another is medical treatment.
- Patient should seek treatment at a recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare center in India.
- The patient is allowed with maximum two medical attendants to accompany him/her. They can be his/her family members or close associates.
- Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
Important Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa Application from Bangladesh
- Original medical certificate from recognized hospital or doctor in India with all the details of the medical condition of the patient.
- In case of a first visit, recommendation from the concerned doctor in India in required.
- Bank statements not more than 6 months old or Solvency certificate from Bank to be submitted as proof of sufficient financial resources.
- The passport should have a validity of six months and at least 2 blank pages.
- Copy of the first four pages of the passport and endorsement of extension of validity, if any, should be attached.
- All old passports should be submitted with the application form.
- One passport size colour photograph, not less than 3 months old, having full face.
- Address Proof: A copy of National ID Card and Utility Bill (electricity, gas, telephone or waterbill, not more than 6 months old).
- Proof of Profession: Certificate from the employer. In case of students, copy of identity card from the educational institution.
- Proof of Financial Soundness: Copy of international credit card or updated bank statement that shows sufficient finance to travel or endorsement of foreign currency equal to USD 150 per applicant.
- Online visa application form bearing the BGD Registration Number and the date of appointmet with time.
- Details regarding the date of birth and the place of birth in the current passport should be the same in the old passport, NID card and birth certificate.
- Old passport along with all its applications should be submitted on the date of appointment.
- Except for tourist visas, Bangaladeshi passport holders for all other categories of Indian visas do not require an online appointment or an E-token. They can walk-in any time during the office hours.
Online application of Indian Medical Visa from Bangladesh
- Go to Indian Visa Online and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Fill up the important credentials: your country’s name, high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail id, expected date of arrival in India and visa type. Enter the access code and click Continue.
- The form consists of a total of three pages. Fill up each page of the form with your correct details. Click Save and Continue at the bottom after you finish filling up each page.
- Enter details of your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Enter your medical visa application details regarding the hospital in your country and the concerned hospital in India, duration of treatment, no. of entries, purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Health and Hopes assistance but do not have a reference in India, then you can provide Health and Hopes office address and contact number of patient relations as mentioned here.
- You can upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. If you want to upload your recent picture in the online form, click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Go through them thoroughly. Click on Modify/Edit if there is any mistake.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- If you haven’t uploaded your picture in the online application form, then paste it in the photo box on the first page. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Fee
Visa fee is not charged for Bangladesh nationals. A cost of 600 – 700 Taka (7 – 9 USD) is incurred for medical visa processing by the SBI Bank (State Bank of India)that us to be submitted at IVAC.
The Indian Visa Services regarding acceptance of visa applications and delivery of processed passports are outsourced to Indian Visa Application Centers (IVACs). These centers are operated by the State Bank of India.
There are 11 IVACs in Bangladesh:
- Gulshan, Uttara, Motijheel and Dhanmondi in Dhaka
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time
5 – 10 working days are the minimum processing time for medical visa applications.