Eligibility for Medical Visa to India
- One is granted a medical visa if he/she is going to another country only for medical treatment. The duration of the visa is maximum of one year.
- He/she should seek medical treatment at reputed/recognized/specialized hospitals in India.
- The patient is allowed to travel with two attendants. They may be members of his/her family or close associates.
- There is a non-exhaustive list of ailments for which medical visa is granted to India that ranges from neurosurgery, cardiac treatment, ophthalmic disorders, organ transplantations to congenital disorders, gene therapy, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, joint replacement, tumors and others.
Important Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa Application
- Original passport with a validity of more than six months and two blank pages.
- Print of the completely and correctly filled online application form.
- Two colored photographs of 2 inch x 2 inch size in white background. The face of the visa applicant should be clear in the photo. Passport size photos are not accepted.
- A letter from the local hospital stating the medical history of the patient and referring him/her to the concerned Indian hospital for treatment.
- An acceptance letter from the concerned hospital. The letter should bear the estimated cost of the treatment and tentative duration of treatment.
- A copy of the return ticket issued by the airlines or travel agent.
- Departure from Fiji should be after 2-3 working days post the date of submission of the application.
- Departure should after 6 – 7 working days if the medical visa application is send by post and payment is made by banker’s check. It is because in that case the processing time is 5-6 working days post the acceptance of application.
- Latest bank statement of the applicant (not more than 1 month old) is to be submitted to prove that he/she has sufficient finances to support his/her treatment and medical trip to India.
- If the applicant is the owner of a company and submits company’s bank statement then a copy of a document in support of his ownership of the company/ a letter that states in the letter head that he/she is the owner of the company is to be submitted.
- Any close relative can extend financial support to the applicant for his/her treatment. In that case a consent letter stating the willingness to support the patient financially is required along with a copy of his/her latest bank statement.
- If the patient gets financial back up from the Ministry of Health, Government of Fiji or any other government department/organization/insurance company then a letter from the concerned government department/organization/insurance company is required. The letter should state clearly that the Ministry/government/organization/insurance company will bear all the expenses of the patient’s treatment, travel and stay in India along with his/her attendant’s.
- Note: If the Ministry/government/organization/insurance company pays only the cost of the treatment then the applicant is required to submit his/her latest bank statement to prove that he/she has sufficient funds to support the miscellaneous expenses in India excluding his/her treatment.
- If the patient takes a loan for his/her treatment from FNPF then a letter from FNPF (on letter head) is required that mentions that it will provide funds to the patient. The loan amount should also be mentioned in the letter.
- In case of organ transplant, the donor of the organ requires to fill and sign an additional form in the presence of the Consular Officer. He/she can download the form through this
- A non-resident staying in Fiji, Tonga, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Vanuatu, Nauru and Cook Islands on work/resident/exemption permit seeks medical visa or medical attendant visa then he/she has to submit a copy of his/her work/resident permit. He/she has to fill an additional form. In that case the processing time of the medical visa will be 5 – 6 days.
The applicant will have to arrange for pick up of his/her passport if the application is sent by post. He/she will have to provide an authorization letter to the High Commission of India, Suva to hand over his passport to the courier service (mentioning its name) or the representative (mentioning the name and providing his/her ID proof) who will give it to him/her.
Online Application for Indian Medical Visa from Fiji
- Fill up the important credentials: the country you are applying from, high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail id, expected date of arrival in India and visa type. Enter the access code and click Continue.
- The form consists of three pages in total. Fill up each page of the form with your correct details. Click Save and Continue at the bottom after you finish filling up each page.
- Enter details of your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Enter your medical visa application details regarding the hospital in your country and the concerned hospital in India, duration of treatment, no. of entries, purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Health and Hopes assistance but do not have a reference in India, then you can provide Health and Hopes office address and contact number of patient relations as mentioned
- You can upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. If you want to upload your recent picture in the online form, click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Go through them thoroughly. Click on Modify/Edit if there is any mistake.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- If you haven’t uploaded your picture in the online application form, then paste it in the photo box on the first page. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours (0930 hours – 1230 hours).
- As nationals of Cook Islands hold New Zealand passport, they should indicate the Cook Islands nationality on the application.
Medical Visa Processing Fee
Medical Visa from Fiji to India costs FJ$ 115. The payment can be made by cash at counter at High Commission’s office. He/she can also pay by cheque in case the application is sent by post. Applicants who are not nationals of Fiji, Tonga, Tuvalu, Nauru, Kirbati, Vanuatu, Cook Islands are charged additional amounts. The fees are to be paid in Fiji dollars.
Medical Visa Fee Processing Time
- 2 working days post the submission of the application is taken for medical visa processing in Fiji if the payment is done with cash.
- If the medical visa fee payment is done through banker’s cheque then the processing time will be 5 – 6 working days. It is because visa is issued only after the realization of the cheque that takes 3 working days. Personal cheques are not accepted.
- It takes the same time of 5 – 6 days to process medical visa for the non-residents of Fiji, Tonga, Tuvalu, Nauru, Kiribati, Vanuatu and Cook Island.