Eligibility for Medical Visa from South Sudan to India
- Medical visa is only granted to those whose only purpose to travel to another is medical treatment.
- Patient should seek treatment at a recognized/reputed/specialized hospital/healthcare center in India.
- The patient is allowed with maximum two medical attendants to accompany him/her. They can be his/her family members or close associates.
- Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
Important Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa Application from South Sudan
- Official document of medical advice from the local doctor or hospital in South Sudan.
- Official letter of reference from the concerned reputed/recognized/specialized hospital in India.
- Proof of finance in the form of recent bank statement of the applicant. In case of sponsor, an affidavit and recent bank statement of the sponsor.
- Two photographs. Applicant should upload a digital coloured photographs in the online application. The photograph should have the following criteria:
- It should be a file of 15kb – 20kb.
- Should be 2 inch x 2 inch in size.
- The format should be in JPEG.
- Height and width of the photo should be equal. (minimum pixels: 350 pixels x 350 pixels / maximum pixels: 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels).
- The photo of the applicant should have his/her full face (head, from top of hair to bottom of chin) with plain light coloured / white background.
- The photo should not have any shadows or borders.
- Passport with six months’ validity and two blank pages.
- Proof of residence, residence permit, or a valid visa is required for non nationals of South Sudan.
- Yellow Fever Certificate obtained 14 days before the applicant’s arrival in India.
- In case of minors, consent letter signed by both the parents, birth certificate and original ID of the parents are required.
Online application of Indian Medical Visa from South Sudan
- Go to Indian Visa Online and click on Regular Visa Application.
- Fill up the important credentials: your country’s name, high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail id, expected date of arrival in India and visa type. Enter the access code and click Continue.
- The form consists of a total of three pages. Fill up each page of the form with your correct details. Click Save and Continue at the bottom after you finish filling up each page.
- Enter details of your family address and your profession or occupation.
- Enter your medical visa application details regarding the hospital in your country and the concerned hospital in India, duration of treatment, no. of entries, purpose of visit, expected date of journey, expected time of arrival and departure, other information, details about SAARC country visit and reference.
- If you travel to India for your treatment only through Health and Hopes assistance but do not have a reference in India, then you can provide Health and Hopes office address and contact number of patient relations as mentioned here.
- You can upload your picture or paste it after you take out a print of the filled application form. If you want to upload your recent picture in the online form, click on Upload Photo.
- After you click Save and Continue on the third page, a preview containing all your details will appear.
- Go through them thoroughly. Click on Modify/Edit if there is any mistake.
- Click on Verified and Continue if all the data entered by you are correct.
- Go through the set of instructions that appear on the new window and press OK for final registration. To modify details click Cancel.
- After clicking OK a window will appear where you would have to select the appointment date for submission of application at the Mission Counter. Click on Confirm the Appointment.
- Another new window will open after you have clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the online application. Save the online application. Do not print it immediately as you may lose the application by doing so.
- Click on Print Registered Application to get the hardcopy of your application form.
- Uploading your picture in the online application form is mandatory. The photograph should be exactly the same size as the box (2inch X 2inch).
- Put your signature on the rectangular box just below the photo box. Do the same in the box at the bottom of the second page.
- Finally, submit the application form along with the required documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the right margin of the application, during the working hours.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Fee
- The Indian medical visa processing fee for nationals of South Sudan is USD 82.
- An extra USD 2 is added to the amount that is contributed to ICWF.
- The medical visa fee is to be paid in cash and in USD only.
- No other currency or mode of payment is accepted.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Time
The Indian medical visa processing time for South Sudan nationals is 24 hours. Applicants get their visa by the next working day. However, for non-nationals of South Sudan it takes approximately 4 – 5 days to process their medical visa.